Faster as I Breathe
Bike Ride
My father have been forcing me to ride my bike again. If you are wondering why, read on.
It has been nearly five years since I rode my mountain bike. Way back 2001, I asked my dad to purchase bikes for me and my sister, Angela. Back then we were still 13 and 10 years old. I used to ride my bike everyday with my neighbors, and we would go around Villamor, biking every road and doing crazy follow-the-leader trips. The fun lasted for a couple of months until my bike had this major malfunction. The bar that connected the pedal pad and the main frame kept on disconnecting. For example, if I were to ride that bike in that condition, after five minutes the bar would disconnect. It was really frustrating back then, because whenever I made long bike trips, I would have to fix it over and over again.
When my father was assigned to Zamboanga a couple of years ago, he decided bring the bike with him. He became the base commander of Edwin Andrews Air Base. Since I have not used the bike because of its condition, it was natural for me to let him bring it. As I heard, he used the bike to roam around the base, I am not sure though.
Eventually, years later the bike came back here. Still I did not bother to use it. It tires of the bike often got flat because of being idle.
Just weeks ago, my father decided to fix the bike again, and kept reminding me to use the bike if I wanted to.
This afternoon, I decided to ride the bike. Not because I wanted to exercise, but because I wanted to have the feeling of riding so fast while the air is blowing in my face. I was fun, because I roamed around Villamor. It lasted for 30 minutes, and I felt happy, really.
For such a simple bike ride, I felt freedom and happiness at the same time.
Maybe I will have more bike rides soon. I will try to bike my way to far places, maybe it will give me something that I want.
3 comments:
"maybe it will give me something that I want."
whoa. andami mo naman gusto. so hindi ka pa rin masaya sa buhay mo? may kulang pa rin? sus. kung balik ka na lang kaya sakin. XD
im serious. :)
You're the one who left me.
I am not coming back, Nika. It is not one of my choices either.
Post a Comment