6.14.2007

For A Pessimist, I Am Pretty Optimistic

A new chapter of my life just began.

I am now officially a Thomasian, a person within the circle of The Royal and Pontifical Catholic University of Santo Tomas.

Classes started yesterday.

I woke up with a smile, knowing that I had a lot of things in store for me. 5:30, as I glanced at my wristwatch. Five minutes later I got out of bed, and did all my necessary morning 'routines'. Soon I was in my uniform. I felt weird though because it felt like it was too big for me. Anyhow it was all good.

For four years, my mother dropped me at Makati Science High School, located near Rockwell Plaza in Barangay Poblacion before she went to her office at Makati Avenue. Yesterday was a big difference, and I believe that that difference will be a standard for the next years to come. Mom dropped me at the bus stop in front of Makati Stock Exchange, along Ayala Avenue. I took the PVP Liner bus. It was the only bus trip I knew that went near the UST area with the fare of 22 pesos.

After the hour-long trip, I arrived, and soon I was inside the building where my classes for Nursing is located.

What a ride, and what a way to start the morning!

As I went inside the classroom assigned for the Theology class, my block mates were already inside. I saw some chattering and observing the room, laughing and giggling as they introduced themselves to each other. I felt warm as it all sank in.

I am now in college.

The persons assigned to teach us for the first two courses did not drop by. The third, Psychology, was alright. The person in front gave us handouts that included the syllabus for the first semester. He also gave us interesting trivia about the freshmen last year. Basically, the atmosphere of orientation was present.

I could go on for what happened today and the rest of yesterday, but I am too excited for tomorrow and the days to come! I am very sure that my next posts will be about something better. Haha..

I just had the taste of college life, I cannot wait until I get another bite!

No comments: